> Home Page
> Internationally Educated Medical Radiation Technologists
Internationally Educated Medical Radiation Technologists
Welcome to the CAMRT website for internationally educated medical radiation technologists (IEMRTs) wishing information on assessment of their credentials and eligibility to write the CAMRT entre-to-practice certification exams.
The 100question practice exams for each discipline are developed by the CAMRT as an exam preparation tool to assist candidates who intend to write the national certification exam in the disciplines of Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Radiological Technology and Magnetic Resonance.
The French version of the radiological technology and magnetic resonance exams will be available by March 31, 2014. The radiation therapy and nuclear medicine practice exams will not be translated as certification exams in these discipline are not offered in the French language.
The practice exams have been revised in 2013. Previously, the practice exams were offered free of charge through a pilot project funded by Employment and Social Development Canada. The pilot project ended and a $40.00 fee is now being charged. The fee gives access to the practice exam for a total of five (5) times. Instructions on how to use the practice exam are provided at the beginning of the exam.
Purchase the practice exam
Readiness Self-Assessment Tools
To help the IEMRT in making a decision to live and work in Canada, the CAMRT has developed Readiness Self-Assessment Tools for IEMRTs. These are online tools that help the IEMRT assess if they are likely to meet requirements to practice in a Canadian context, and what the Canadian work environment looks like. The tools provide information and guide the IEMRT through a self- assessment for readiness to work in Canada.
Exam Preparation Courses
CAMRT has developed three online exam preparation courses to help IEMRTs prepare for the national certification exam.
- Exam Preparation Course 1: Radiographic Procedures and Pathology
- Exam Preparation Course 2: Patient Management
- NEW: Exam Preparation Course 3: Radiographic Equipment and Imaging
Log in to the My Certification page for more information and to register for the courses.
For those who have completed one or all of the exam preparation courses, the CAMRT would appreciate your feedback. Please take the time to send your thoughts to the Manager of Certification by email.
The CAMRT is the certifying body for the entry-to-practice credential, and the national association for the disciplines of:
Before granting access to the application process for writing the certification exam, IEMRT’s must apply for an assessment of their education credentials, language fluency and work experience.
The IEMRT must first determine in which province they wish to practice.
- IEMRTs who wish to practice in the province of Ontario, Alberta or Québec must be assessed by the regulatory authority in that province.
- IEMRTs who wish to practice in the province of Saskatchewan must first contact the SAMRT provincial office to determine eligibility for credential assessment by the CAMRT. Contact: SAMRT, #218 - 408 Broad St., Regina, SK, S4R1X3, Phone: 306) 525-9678 , Email: email@example.com .
- IEMRTs who wish to practice in British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador or the northern territories must apply to the CAMRT for assessment of their credentials.
See National Guidelines for Assessment of Credentials of IEMRTs
Potential to Prosperity
Newcomers and those planning to move to Canada are encouraged to consult Potential to Prosperity, an online guide to advancing your career in medical radiation technology in Canada . Created by the Canada Foundation for Economic Education in collaboration with CAMRT, this guide includes informative videos and links to all the information you will need to start and succeed in your career in Canada.